The Troublesome Terps are back!
Troublesome Terps, that's Jonathan Downie, Alexander Gansmeier and yours truly. In the second instalment of our podcast, we talk about stress and burnout among interpreters.
- AIIC Workload Study
- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi's TED talk: Flow, the secret to happiness
- Vicarious traumatisation
- Julie Burns: Stress busters for interpreters (ATA Chronicle) [PDF]
- A primer on "communities of practice" by Danielle D'Hayer
- Tatiana Kaplun: The pros and cons of dummy-boothing, or does your brain need tricking?
- Robyn Dean on clinical supervision for interpreting (page 62)
- VKD-Nachwuchsprogramm (DE)
- Jonathan's article: Interpreters, we need to talk
- AIIC code of ethics
- Paula Geanau: Self-Care and the Interpreter In-Training
- Contact the Troublesome Terps
- Intro/outro music: "Quit Bitching" by Broke For Free