Rocking the boat with Jonathan Downie
If you don't know Jonathan yet, you're in for a treat. Find out about his PhD and his upcoming book "The successful interpreter" - and many other things, including monkeys, church interpreters and chocolate teapots.
Quotes I liked - very shareable!
- "A good interpreter is someone who can't get enough information about whatever."
- "We need to care about the outcome of the event that we're at."
- "If we play the 'invisible interpreter' card for too much longer, we will be replaced and it will be our own fault."
- "Let's work to together to improve the value we add to our profession."
- "I almost wish that every interpreter would do a PhD."
- "If you could change one thing about your practice now, what would you change?"
- "Until someone asks you an uncomfortable question, you're probably not growing."
- How useful are chocolate teapots?
- The interpreter-friendly church in Bonn
- The Spanish interpreters getting sacked
- Jonathan's website
- How to rock your talk
- Jonathan on Twitter
- Jonathan on LinkedIn